Re: [Nmh-workers] somewhat OT: re procmail or ??

2012-09-12 08:16:51

Am I dinosaur for still using procmail??
I mean, is there something better?
If not, does anyone have patches for logging e.g. date, from, to?
OMG, it just occurred to me: maybe it's INFERIOR to slocal these days!?!?
:)

No patch needed.

From my .procmailrc (The first LOG call is to get an empty line
between entries):

LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/log
LOG="
"

[...]

#
# Log date
#
DATE=`/bin/date`
LOG="$DATE
"

I'm mostly interested in answering the question "which folder did the recent
msg
FROM so-and-so@somewhere go into?"  So, really, I still think a patch is needed.

I just pinged the procmail ML.  Earl's URL...

...works.  The Google found address...

  procmail-request(_at_)informatik(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)de

...did not (bounced "over quota".)

Regardless, I have queued up this winter break and/or a snow storm.  It's
pretty clear glancing at the code that this isn't possible.

[BTW, in the procmail ML archives I stumbled on a discussion for "modern"
replacements and it seems there's isn't one.  Appearently "maildrop" comes
close but doesn't allow for e.g. rewritting Subject, IIRC.]

steve