Re: [Nmh-workers] somewhat OT: re procmail or ??

2012-09-11 13:49:22
On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 1:05 PM, rader wrote:

Am I dinosaur for still using procmail??

Yes, like the rest of us.  But I use procmail for mail filtering
on my web-based archives.

I mean, is there something better?
If not, does anyone have patches for logging e.g. date, from, to?

Setting LOGABSTRACT=yes in your procmailrc will give you received date,
subject, and from in the log.  You can also enable verbose logging, but
unsure if that will give you what you want (or it will give you too
much).

I think for anything else, you will need to write a recipe to call a
script that can log whatever headers you want to a custom log file.

--ewh