Re: [Nmh-workers] Requested send feature: Silently remove blankNmh-Attachment headers

2012-09-13 10:36:46
Norm wrote:

Jon Steinhart <jon(_at_)fourwinds(_dot_)com> writes:
norm(_at_)dad(_dot_)org writes:
It would be nice, if send would silently remove blank Nmh-Attachment
headers.

Then users could put them in their templates. At composition
time, they could leave them blank, fill them in, or duplicate
them for multiple attachments.

That way, folks like me, wouldn't have to remember how to spell
"Nmh-Attachment:"

Presently, when send encounters a blank Nmh-Attachment header it
complains:

     send: unable to access file ""

and errors out.

That seems like a bug.

I don't know what it's supposed to do now, but what I could like it to
to do is silently remove the header.

I think the current behavior is by design.

As far as changing it to remove empty Nmh-Attachment headers,
it kind of rubs me the wrong way, because it might catch user
mistakes.

On the other hand, we remove unused Cc: headers, so it would
be consistent with that.

Should we remove all empty Nmh-* headers?  We don't have any
others now, but I'd like to see a consistent policy.

David