Re: [Nmh-workers] comp: only one message at a time!

2012-10-19 23:01:34
Ken Hornstein writes:
$ comp
comp: only one message at a time!

I hit ^C in the middle of writing a message at one point. Ever since, the
above message has kept me from using comp.

Hm, what version of nmh?  I see two places in the code where that could
take place but I don't see how that would happen.  Do you have a file
called "draft" in your Mail directory?

Does maybe the -use switch help here?  Also, what does your mh_profile
entry for comp look like?

Very strange... the message seems to have stopped (I had it for a few days).
I'm not sure how it triggered in the first place: I have always been able
to have multiple drafts open, where comp would do this:

$ comp
Draft "/home/anthony/mail/draft" exists (84 bytes).
Disposition?

To answer the other questions: 1.5, no comp in profile, and the above is
what happens when draft exists (now, at least). -use made no difference when
I tried it yesterday (it either gave the same message or complained about a
missing "draft" file, I can't remember).

Chalking it up to a mystery of mh... :\ How irritating that the problem
disappears right after I report it.

--
Anthony J. Bentley