Re: [Nmh-workers] pick(1) decode RFC-2047 headers?

2012-11-24 13:32:06

On 24 November 2012 at 9:52, Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com> wrote:

Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:
Ralph pointed out earlier that with the proliferation of RFC 2047-encoded
headers, pick is much less useful.

I'm wondering ... would it make sense to simply have pick run the RFC 2047
decoder on headers before matching them?  As far as I can tell we can
decode all headers except for Received: headers.  Thoughts?

Header fields should be RFC 2047-decoded before any MH operation that
considers the content of the message, including pick, shouldn't they?

One more here concurring about the headers.

This begs the question about "-search pattern", where "pattern"
is what the reader sees.  But, "pattern" could also be obfuscated
by quoted-printable or html message content.

FWIW, I scripted a multi-folder pick, which I call pickf.  If pick
is going to be altered, then being able to specify multiple folders
would be a nice feature addition, at least for me.

I guess I just suggested a boat load of work.  Sorry 'bout that.

Cheerio....

--
Kevin