[Nmh-workers] UTF=8 in message bodies

2012-12-04 09:28:21
What are the de-facto and de-jure standards for UTF-8, non-ASCII characters in
message bodies. I don't originate non-ASCII characters, but sometimes I include
text from elsewhere, such as incoming Email, which does contain them.

Can I be reasonably sure that any likely Email client out there will handle
them?

On I related note, maybe nmh should have some kind of a utility to check a
message's compliance with various standards. (Yes, I'm violating the single
subject precept of "Toward an Ethics and Etiquette for Electronic Mail" The
Rand Corporation, R-3283-NSF/RC, July 1985")

    Norman Shapiro