Re: [Nmh-workers] Help: 8-bit: I'm confused and befuddled.

2012-12-19 09:28:47
Now I'm confused, befuddled, intimidated and overwhelmed.

So let me ask two, I hope, simple questions.

Is it reasonably safe for me to put characters (octets) greater than 127 in the
body, excluding any attachments, of a message?

If so, what encodings is it reasonably safe for me to use for them?
In particular,  is it reasonably safe then for me to use ISO 8859-1?

Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:
I put some of the relevant RFCs off of the nmh homepage here:

http://www.nongnu.org/nmh/rfc.html

Good idea! Thank you!

Shouldn't http://www.nongnu.org/nmh/ have a link to that page?

    Norman Shapiro