Re: [Nmh-workers] fpurge()

2012-12-29 00:00:25
discard.c also has some non-portable code:
And it's called on the streams that post uses to talk to its
smtp server:

   kill (sm_child, SIGKILL);
   discard (sm_rfp);
   discard (sm_wfp);

The discard()'s after killing the child process seem unnecessary
to me.

I am wondering ... maybe the point of discard() is to prevent a SIGPIPE?
If those streams try to write on the process after they've closed, that
is what will happen, right?  At the very least that would happen when
exit() is called.

I see fpurge() is not part of POSIX, so we can't rely on it.  So I'm not
sure what to do; maybe the correct solution is to block SIGPIPE
and close those filehandles?