Re: [Nmh-workers] fpurge()

2013-01-03 23:55:45
In mhl discard() is called in the SIGINT interrupt handler; I guess the
idea there is to prevent any more stuff from being written out.  Right
after that putchar('\n') is called, so clearly they're not worried about
SIGPIPE.  I think we could safely just remove that.

That being the newline?  I think we should leave it, in case
part of a line had been output.  If you mean the discard() call,
it seems reasonable to purge (tcflush) stdout there.

I was talking about the discard() call.  But ... I'm wondering if in
modern systems tcflush() is that useful.  That only purges the the
data from the tty buffer, right?  I can see that being useful if you're
sitting at the other end of a 2400 baud modem, but nowadays that's going
to be written out to a pty and end up in a socket buffer somewhere that
tcflush() can't touch.  I think we could just get rid of it completely
and it won't matter.