Re: [Nmh-workers] Trailing Spaces on Default repl mhl.reply.

2013-01-15 11:53:25
On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 18:29:50 -0500, Ken Hornstein said:
multipart/signed and multipart/encrypted are defined in RFC847,
which punts the exact details.  For PGP, the details are in RFC3156.
The gory details for S/MIME are in RFC5750 and related.

Okay ... it looks like that is mentioned in RFC 3156.  So it's not
really an S/MIME thing as much as it is a OpenPGP thing.  From what
I see it looks like in canonical form of text/plain trailing spaces
are OK.  Or am I misreading things?  The only thing mentioned about
the canonical form for text parts is to use CRLF as a line break.

Here's the gotcha clause from RFC3156, section 3:

   Additionally, implementations MUST make sure that no trailing
   whitespace is present after the MIME encoding has been applied.

Which would blow chunks if we used a C-T-E of '7bit' and failed to do
the Q-P escaping of a trailing blank...