Re: [Nmh-workers] m_getfld branch merged

2013-01-28 21:56:24
So do a lot of nmh programs use fseek() to change the
stream pointer mid-stream?  I ask because maybe
(the programs that care about that could tell m_getfld ()
that they do care about that).

Done with a very minor code addition.  I also reduced
m_getfld's internal buffer size from 8K to 4K.  That seems
to be a better match for message header size these days, and
4K is also the stdio buffer size on Linux.

With those changes, scan(1) performance is identical to what
it was before the merge.

David