Re: [Nmh-workers] Dodgy $LINK in generated Makefile

2013-02-01 10:33:11
The autogoo-generated Makefile is linking binaries with:

 LINK = $(CCLD) $(AM_CFLAGS) $(CFLAGS) $(AM_LDFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@

Neither of $AM_CFLAGS or $CFLAGS should be in there.  I don't have
enough autotools fu to know how to fix this ...

Err ... are you sure?  -g is a classic example of something that should be
in there.

From reading the Autoconf manual, it suggests that while it's technically
for only the preprocessor pass flags that are only for the object compilation
phase can be placed in CPPFLAGS.  I was under the impression that since
CCLD is generally set to $(CC) the C compiler wrapper should ignore flags
that make no sense during linking.