Re: [Nmh-workers] charsets

2013-02-07 11:23:35
On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 22:05:21 -0500, Ken Hornstein said:

I'm not such in favor of that part.  I'm probably going to implement
better multipart/signed and multipart/encrypted support, and keeping
around the original message would be a requirement for that.

Actually, you don't need the *original* message for that, you need the
*canonical* form that signatures are computed across.  I'd have to check
exactly what S/MIME wants, but for GPG, if you saved the "original" that has
Q-P encoding, you have to un-Q-P it each time you want to verify the signature.