Re: [Nmh-workers] hardcoding en_US.UTF-8 in test cases

2013-02-07 21:31:11
Huh, okay ... forgive my US-centricism, but at least on every system
here we have tons of locales installed so I figured that was the case
everywhere, and I picked something I figured was pretty universal.  May

It probably depends on how the system was installed, with some installers
including a full set regardless. Minimal sets of locales appears to be
fairly prevalent on systems I have access to.

Really?  Huh.  I'm surprised, as from what I've seen the locales take
almost no disk space, so I've never seen an installer that didn't
install all of them.  I don't know if I'd ever need a Ukranian locale,
but all of our systems have it :-/

I've probably got harsher feelings for your mixed up month day year date
formats. Though, the C locale probably specifies that too.

I grew up with that date format so I'm used to it, but I can't really
defend it; it doesn't make sense to me either.

I've attempted a script for finding a locale (see below). It will prefer
C.UTF-8 or plain UTF-8  but not en_xx as that complicates the script
quite a bit.

I'll see if I can make this work; I still think I'd start out with en_US.UTF-8
and see what we fall back to if that doesn't work.