Re: [Nmh-workers] refile handling of corrupt .mh_sequences

2013-02-28 12:14:44
Ken wrote:

You know, the more I think about it ... how would they
even know that it kills performance?  Maybe it was a big
deal 20 (or even 10) years ago, but I have a hard time
believing you'd even notice nowadays.

Esp. with nmh now configuring, by default, kernel-level
locking if appropriate for the platform.  (And it is for
popular platforms.)  It'd be nice if claws-mail would use
that same default, which should also be the same as used by
mail(1) on the platform.  The nmh configure check for that
is really simple.

Re. fixing up mangled sequences files:  I wouldn't even try.
The example with added newlines is simple enough, but in
general, there's nothing to prevent irreversible manglings.

David