Re: [Nmh-workers] Locking (specifically, sequences)

2013-03-10 10:50:17
Aside:  As I think I've mentioned before, I need a `folder -pack
31415-last' to avoid much churn on incremental backups

Your backups aren't done by inode?

   refile @tmp "$@" </dev/null &&   # Assumes "yes" to "create folder".
   refile -src @tmp all @. &&
   rmf @. | (egrep -v '^\[\+inbox now current\]'; exit 0)

A partial-packing folder(1) that only had the given message number
ranges to play with would need less lock-time.

It's important to point out that there are definitely nmh commands you can't
run simultaneously.  e.g., if you ran "folder -pack" at the same time as
sortm, all sorts of bad things would happen.  Same thing with refile and
inc.  It looks like folder_pack() is a library function, and I suppose
in theory it would be possible to what you want, but I'm personally
reluctant to fiddle with it.