Re: [Nmh-workers] refile and moving sequences with messages

2013-03-13 13:11:30
I'd like refile to move the sequences that my messages are in with the
messages.  (I'm using nmh 1.5.)

So it doesn't do it, so I figured I'd write a fileproc that does it,
but I can't really figure out how to do it.

It occurs to me that it might be better/easier to use the refile hook.  Okay,
you're probably wondering what that is.  Check out docs/README-HOOKS, which
is probably installed as share/doc/README-HOOKS.  I can't guarantee that
it's all working correctly; it's not a feature that is exercised by the
test suite and I don't know if people use it a lot.  But the code is still
there and we haven't gone out of our way to break it.  I know, that doesn't
sound encouraging, does it?  I just wanted to be up-front in case it turns
out there's bugs in it and we didn't know about it.

It does seem that it's not exactly easy to find out what sequences a message
is on.  You'd think mark -list would do it, but not exactly.  That might
require some changes to the "mark" command.