Re: [Nmh-workers] extra and missing blank lines with replyfilter

2013-04-24 13:05:39
I finally got fed up with all the garbage in replies to quoted-printable
messages, so decided to try out replyfilter just now. I have this in my
mhl.reply:

from:nocomponent,formatfield="Thus spake %(decode(friendly{text})):"

It's not clear to me if this will mess things up or not.  Maybe it won't.
(Thinking more about it ... it should be fine).

What I'm seeing when I reply to a quoted printable message from a friend
of mine is the "Thus spake" line, followed by six blank >-quoted lines,
followed by the (un-q-p'd) text of the original message, but with all of
the blank lines (e.g., the lines between paragraphs!) removed.

Is it running it through par?  I'm wondering what happens if you change
the filter to "cat"?  In theory replyfilter should push all of the line
formatting to the filter program, which should be able to handle spaces
and newlines properly, but par can sometimes get things wrong.  I would
have thought replyfilter would at least get the q-p part right.