Re: [Nmh-workers] extra and missing blank lines with replyfilter

2013-04-24 14:07:37
I'm sure it's running through par. I have par installed, and when I change
the $filterprogram from 'par' to 'cat', I get each paragraph of the reply
as one very long line, instead of lines broken at 70-some characters. With
cat, however, I'm not losing the inter-paragraph blank lines, nor am I
getting blank lines inserted at the beginning.

Okay!  Well, that's good, at least.  That sounds like replyfilter is
doing what it's supposed to, at least.  So if you take the output of what you
get with 'cat' and feed it to 'par', does it generate the broken output?
If so, then it sounds like par is at fault ... and I'm not sure what I
can do about that.  Other than suggest you change your par settings.

Also, if the text is sent with a non-ASCII encoding, maybe there are
some non-breakable spaces that are messing up par?