Re: [Nmh-workers] Inability to cat a Message Part.

2013-04-28 10:39:34
Ralph wrote:

I considered a temporary mh_profile but that's a bit icky too IMHO.

Agreed.

Further, since its raison d'棚tre is to cat to stdout, the subtype isn't
needed so I just need one entry for each type.

    mhcat-store-application: -
    mhcat-store-text: -

Unfortunately, a type must be given, e.g.

    mhcat-store: -

doesn't seem to work.

Right, those profile entries need the type.

I quickly prototyped an -outfile switch to mhstore, let me
know if you want me to finish it up and add it.  It's not
obtrusive:  there's already a ct_storage indicator in the
content description struct that mhstore fills in.  The
switch could fill it in instead.

One annoyance is mhstore/mhcat chucking `storing message 42 part 2 to
stdout' on stderr.  I've tried -noverbose mentioned in the manual but it
has no effect and is apparently the default anyway.  How does one shut
it up?

One cannot :-/  It'd be easy enough to add yet another global
variable to convey the -noverbose setting to where it needs
to go, if desired.  Though with mhstore -outfile - 2>/dev/null,
that's not necessary.

David