[Nmh-workers] switching from thunderbird to nmh

2013-09-20 10:51:11

I'd like to switch to using nmh for email handling.  I've been using
thunderbird for the
last few years.

I understand the nmh mail format is a little different from mbox format or
maildir format.
Is there any conversion utility out there?  I've searched but only found
utilities for
people going the other way.

If someone has their own utility (or one-off script) for a similar task in sh,
perl or python
I'm ok with adapting it for my situation.

Alternatively, a pointer to the documentation of what the nmh format actually
is would
be helpful.  I haven't found a concise description yet.

I'm already somewhat familiar with mbox format.

Also, I need nmh to get email by imap.  How can I configure that?  Or am I
supposed to use
fetchmail for that?

Thanks for your help.

bjb

--
}{ Centre for Research and Experimental Development in Informatics Libre

Brenda J. Butler
bjb(_at_)credil(_dot_)org
+1 613 693 0684  #3202
F3018 - 283 Alexandre Taché
Gatineau (QC) J9A 1L8 CANADA
Sustainable Innovation // Innovation Durable