Re: [Nmh-workers] IMAP, again

2013-10-24 14:22:08
On 10/24/13, Joel Uckelman wrote:

  1) Have nmh commands act on IMAP-stored messages.
  2) Expose an nmh folder via IMAP.

#1 would let you use nmh against arbitrary IMAP accounts. #2 would
let you access your existing nmh storage over IMAP. I think both would
be neat, but the one I really want is #2.

I looked this over a bit and wasn't able to satisfy myself as to what
OfflineIMAP would do.

Looks like it may be possible to add a module to support nmh folder
structure:

   <http://docs.offlineimap.org/en/latest/repository.html>

If an NmhRepository class was implemented, one should be able to achieve
#1.

As for #2, it appears you would need a real IMAP server and then you use
OfflineIMAP to synchronize your nmh folder(s) with it (assuming that
NmhRepository is ever implemented).

--ewh