Re: [Nmh-workers] IMAP, again

2013-10-25 16:25:24
On 24 Oct 2013, at 22:18, Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon(_at_)orthanc(_dot_)ca> wrote:

On Oct 24, 2013, at 10:13 PM, chad <yandros(_at_)MIT(_dot_)EDU> wrote:

Beyond that, email messages are generally large (compared to calendar
entries, anyway) collections of text. Changes to messages mostly involve
small deltas to metadata. Managing changes to changes to changes based on
revisions and times isn’t trivial, but a lot of the automation
(conceptually) has already been written.

I would really like to see evidence of this claim.  My experience of
manipulating email messages says otherwise.

I saw it a lot when I still used MH, but that was years back, when
8-10k messages a day wasn't unusual, and I was doing all my own
spam filtering. Modern usage patterns might be very different,
certainly.

Out of curiosity, what common message change that's not metadata
do you see?

~Chad