Re: [Nmh-workers] IMAP, again

2013-10-28 10:50:30
Hmm.. so 'anno' is a complete loss then?  I'd be screwed if I didn't have
a way to add 'Replied:' headers....

Two solutions pop to mind:

- IMAP defines message flags that can be changed on a per-message basis.
  Some are system defined and can substitute for things like sequences
  (\Seen).  There is also \Answered, which can substitute for a Replied:
  header.  You don't get the full richness of anno, of course.  There are
  also limits, depending on the IMAP server, of how many user-defined
  flags you can have per-message.

- In the hypothetical database that maps MH message names to IMAP files,
  just store any annotation (and sequence) information in there.

It's always been clear to me that you won't get 100% MH functionality
with an IMAP backend.  I don't see that as a reason to not pursue it.