Re: [Nmh-workers] m_getfld() bug fix

2013-12-05 09:39:54
david wrote:
If you're living off the git repo, please update to pick up a
fix to m_getfld().  When I fixed the bug that Paul Fox reported
back in May, I broke handling of headers bigger BUFSIZ
(typically 8K on Linux, et al.).  Both bugs are fixed now.

this reminds me of a question:  how likely is it that a checkout of
any arbitrary git commit will work well?  skimming the logs, there's
what looks like a fair amount of "oops, didn't mean that", or "back
out test code" sort of stuff.  i know that's what source control is
for, and git is inherently unstable -- but i'm running git from
a while ago, and am happy to upgrade with some regularity, but i'd
like a sense of whether i'm likely to hit the middle of development
churn.

somewhat related:  does everyone use git rebase before pushing?  when
possible, i've found that rearranging/squashing my development commits
before pushing upstream (mainly using "git rebase --interactive") can
help reduce clutter and make for more concise changesets.  folks are
probably doing this already, but thought i'd mention it just in case --
the ability to rearrange patches on private branches is one of git's
finest features.

(and, i'm not trying to sound picky or ungrateful!  david and ken are
doing waaay more work on nmh than anyone else these days.  thank you.)

paul