Re: [Nmh-workers] OpenBSD added to the buildbot cluster

2013-12-18 11:45:06
ISTM, and I haven't used it so it could easily get more complex than I'm
suggesting, that gnulib-tool helps with managing the dependencies.
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/manual/html_node/Initial-import.html
walks through introducing gnulib to a project to gain non-C89/C99
strdup(3).

Hm, okay, my mistake ... I just looked at the beginning of the documentation
where it says "gnulib is implemented by copying files to your project".

Although we have moved to subdir-objects and a single Makefile, and it's
not clear to me how that would work with gnulib.  Also, redoing all
of the nmh APIs to actually allocate memory is the real trick; just
importing asprintf() isn't going to solve that problem.

I might take a look at this over Christmas if no one else has already
done it.  "How hard can it be?"

Well, more power to you!  If you get to it, let us know what you come up
with.