Re: [Nmh-workers] mhbuild changes merged to master

2014-01-23 15:34:57
so to be clear, other than the header rename to Attach:  (which those
of us that add the header manually will have to adapt to), will
anything else break existing configs?

I believe the answer is "no".  But let me expand on this a bit, because
what happens under the hood now has changed a lot.

First, the old -attach and -attachformat flags do nothing.  Right now they'll
emit a warning; post-1.6, they'll emit an error.

Before the "attach" command would add an Nmh-Attachment header, whatnow
would run mhbuild for you if you had automimeproc set, and if "send"
saw an Nmh-Attachment header it would chop the draft apart, construct
mhbuild directives, and then run mhbuild for you.

Now the "attach" command inserts an "Attach" header, and "send" always runs
mhbuild (with the -auto flag).  If mhbuild sees an Attach header, it will
attach that file to the message.  You can also do a "mime" command at whatnow
if you want to insert mhbuild directives; Attach headers will still be
processed, so you can see what it has decided to do.

So I _think_ if you follow the standard sequence of things, it should all
work out fine.