[Nmh-workers] Hybrid approach

2014-02-13 14:36:59
The recent discussion on the previous thread brought me to a slightly different train of thoughts: what if I use both Sylpheed/Claws Mail AND nmh/mailutils? Not at the same time, of course. Originally, the email client that I had chosen was Claws Mail, but then I realized that by using the MH tools I could do much more, so I changed my mind and started thinking about using the MH tools (mnh or mailutils) directly, because I would be able to do much more with them. Now it is dawning upon me that I could use Claws Mail most of the time, for my day-to-day needs, and nmh/mailutils for my special needs. It would be a hybrid approach, in which the same messages/folders are used by two different systems: Claws Mail and nmh/mailutils.

Has anyone tried anything like this yet? Could I run into some incompatibilities?

Above all, do you think that this approach makes sense?

Thanks for the advice

Otto