Re: [Nmh-workers] What about an nmh-1.6-RC1

2014-02-26 10:22:26
Norm wrote:

So I wonder if I could prevail upon somebody to create and release an
nmh-1.6-RC1. I can't -- way about my pay grade.

Instead of that, how about trying the sequence of commands below?

You probably have some of the packages already installed, such as
openssl and readline.  Just making sure.

build_nmh will prompt you for an installation directory.  It will
default to your current installation directory, which you don't want
to overwrite (and can't if it's /usr).  Enter whatever you'd like,
and add its bin to your PATH.

Ignore a warning about "SASL and TLS detection not supported".  They'll
default to no, but building with them can't hurt.

David

$ sudo yum install autoconf automake flex git ncurses-libs ncurses-devel \
libdb libdb-devel readline readline-devel cyrus-sasl-lib cyrus-sasl-devel \
openssl openssl-devel

$ cd /tmp
$ git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/nmh.git
$ cd nmh
$ docs/contrib/build_nmh -di