[Nmh-workers] I need help reading the mhstore man page

2014-02-28 10:02:16
The man page for mhstore recommends that, for the sake of security, I not put
the -auto switch in .mh_profile. Whatever the security risk is, would it not
also be present if I invoke mhstore with that switch? But the man page does
not seem to recommend against that.

The '|' facility is an obvious security risk, but as I read the man page it
would never be invoked unless my .mh_profile specifies a formatting string.

So assuming that my .mh_profile has no entries of the form

        mhstore-store-<type>

what are the security risks of the -auto switch?

    Norman Shapiro