Re: [Nmh-workers] General question - unsupported charset conversion

2014-02-28 15:05:53

On Feb 28, 2014, at 12:55 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon(_at_)orthanc(_dot_)ca>
wrote:

Sigh, IT'S THE SAME THING.  iconv() returns EILSEQ at a particular point
in your conversion buffer.  What do you do next?

There was argument along the way about iconv versions not groking character
sets.

Look, software cannot read minds.  People would like it to, but I don't work
for the NSA, so I don't buy into that concept.  We have standards.  For a
reason.  To eliminate ambiguity.  MIME has been around for how many years now?
There is no excuse in this day and age for any software to generate
syntactically incorrect MIME content.

If presented with it, we can pass it through on demand.  But trying to un-f***
other people's brain damage is not our job.

--lyndon