Re: [Nmh-workers] Suggested new switches for sortm: -recon and --norecon

2014-03-01 11:13:00
Paul F. wrote:

ken wrote:
 > That seems pretty straightforward to implement (just don't call rename()
 > and the hook at the appropriate place).  I can work on that in a little
 > while.  Although I'm not sure I'm in love with the switch name; anyone
 > else have a suggestion?

it's short for "reconnoiter", i guess?  or maybe "reconsider"? :-)

how about simply "--dry-run"?

In keeping with usual MH practice, -dryrun?

In not keeping with usual MH practice, don't provide
-nodryrun?  It just seems too confusing, and if you get it
wrong there's no -undo.

David