Re: [Nmh-workers] Suggested new switches for sortm: -recon and --norecon

2014-03-01 18:16:46
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:
I chose '-recon" because "recon" is an English word, "-recon" is a make
switch and because no other sortm switch presently begins with "-r".
"-dryrun" would be much better, but it and "-datefield" have the same
first two letters.

-recon is a make switch?  Which version of make is that?

I meant '--recon' and it's GNU Make 3.81.

But I have not particular liking for '-recon" for sortm.  I just proposed
it because I couldn't think of anything better.

    Norman Shapiro