[Nmh-workers] mhfixmsg refuses to decode binary content

2014-04-13 12:04:20
Jerrad wrote:

I've not had a chance to dig through the code yet, but it
just occurred to me hat it doesn't really matter whether
or not nmh would like lines greater than 998 characters.

It does matter because the output from mhfixmsg can be a
message in an MH folder.  (You could use mhstore(1) to just
extract content, of course.)

If does, then mhfixmsg could replace the HTML
part with an un-transfer-encoded version, but the issue at
hand is creating a plain text alternative. Can't mhfixmsg
simply unencode a copy of the message in a buffer before
comverting it to text/plain?

It does.  At this point, I don't understand your problem.
mhfixmsg adds text/plain parts all the time for me.  A
significant fraction of my incoming mail is text/html.
It's all handled properly, even if the original content is
binary, and then I see the same warning as you.

I would need to see exactly what you're trying to do if you
want me to investigate further.  Offline?

David