Re: [Nmh-workers] post now asking for a password, even when it doesn't have to

2014-04-14 23:47:07
On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 11:14 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:

-1 on deprecating SASL support.  I use it.

Out of curiosity, which mechs?

What's this have to do with anime? :)

If you mean operating systems, my router/relay system is an old linux
box (pre RHEL release) running on a 15+ year old box.

My other systems are CentOS 5.  I mount my mail directory across systems
and have nmh configured to post any messages to delegated, which
subsequently is configured to connect to gmail server (over TLS).  I
setup delegated some time ago since it seemed to be the easiest method
at the time to get submission of email over a TLS-based connection.

IIRC, at that time, I updated some of the SASL code so things like the
what-now command 'whom' would work.

I know I can get things better setup, but I get no pleasure with
sysadmin tasks anymore, so I try to go with something that is the least
amount of effort.  I should not have to F with MTAs and other things in
order to get an MUA to submit mail.

Here is relevant entries in my .mh_profile (identifying information
edited to protect the guilty):

push: -unique -sasl -saslmech LOGIN -user USER -server
local.example.com -port 9999
send: -verbose -sasl -saslmech LOGIN -user USER -server
local.example.com -port 9999
whom: -check -sasl -saslmech LOGIN -user USER -server
local.example.com -port 9999

I can configure delegatd to not require SASL login to access, but I
wanted some simple access control so any one else I might let connect to
my LAN cannot trivially submit email through my gmail account.

--ewh