[Nmh-workers] post now asking for a password, even when it doesn't have to

2014-04-14 14:09:47
It turns out even though I tested this, I wasn't actually using some of
the backend programs until now ... like post.  D'oh!

Anyway, I discovered that now post(8) is always asking me for a username
and password ... even when it doesn't need to (my sasl mechanism doesn't
require them).  The change that caused this is b9763fdd7e96e7ac8bdb1, and
the key issue is that in the third argument for sm_get_credentials() is
now "0", instead of "1" (like it used to be).

I went back and looked at the mailing list, and that discussion was here:

    http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2013-05/msg00005.html

But I guess I don't understand why post now behaves differently than inc
and msgchk, which are also sasl-aware programs.  Can someone fill me in
here?