Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh on openbsd...

2014-04-19 23:11:09

On Apr 19, 2014, at 4:50 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@orthanc.ca> wrote:

The code in rcvtty is unlikely to change in any non-trivial manner in the
next ... decade?  This is a 'set once and forget' operation.  And I would be
happy to put a notice into the source code at the utmpx bits to warn future
developers that some folks still customize their builds to use utmp,
therefore please don't frotz the code without very good reason.

In fact, I don't see why in 1.7 we couldn't take the utmp-related code and
split it out into a separate file that could be over-ridden in the Makefile, if
that would make it easier to deal with.

--lyndon