Re: [Nmh-workers] refile's -retainsequences switch

2014-04-20 10:36:05
I'd still like to understand the value of private sequences.

I asked this question before, and I got three basic answers:

- They're useful if you share a folder with other people (perhaps people
  still do that, but what I'm seeing more often is for nmh users, Every
  Person is an Island).  I'd rather have this controllable on a per-folder
  basis myself.

- They're useful if you have a folder on read-only media.  That seems
  incredibly rare to me, but whatever.  I will note that the sequence
  code will automatically make sequences private if it detects the
  folder in question is read-only; you don't need to do it globally.

- Some people prefer all of their sequences in one file.