Re: [Nmh-workers] sortm and folder -pack preserve sequence membership

2014-05-02 09:41:26
Hm.  A quick code inspection suggests to me that things like sortm and
folder -pack should preserve sequence membership.  Really, anything that
uses copy_msg_flags() should.

They do indeed. Shouldn't the man pages for sortm, folder and burst say that?

I'm neutral on that; it seems obvious to me that the sequences would be
preserved; I'd only expect a notice if they were not (although, I'm not
sure what burst would do that it would change sequence membership).
If someone wants to to propose a change, that's fine with me.

As we've seen, most of those man pages originate from your era, Norm.
How come you guys never mentioned that? :-)