Re: [Nmh-workers] New mhbuild directives

2014-05-15 10:34:34
Ken, when you first mentioned "a more generic mechanism", I was
thinking along the lines of
"mhbuild-disposition-<type>/<subtype>: inline" profile entries.
mhn.defaults could provide those for text/calendar and possibly
message/rfc822.  Users could override as they wish in their
profile.

Forcing every nmh user to learn all the exceptions, and remember
them every time they Attach:, is as user unfriendly as we could
get.

Hrm.  I was thinking that a user might want to inline particular parts
on a per-message basis, but I cannot really think of a valid use case
there; the ones that come to mind are all done on a content-type basis,
and the more complicated things are better done as mhbuild directives
anyway.  And your point about being user unfriendly is well taken.  Out
of every possibility discussed so far I think your solution is the best.
Also, it's probably the least amount of code.

Committed on master, including mhn.defaults entries for
text/calendar and message/rfc822.  The man page discussions
are specific to Attach:, though the mhbuild-disposition-*
profile entry doesn't hint at that.  But I think that

    mhbuild-attach-content-dispostion-text/calender: inline

is too wordy and confusing, though I don't feel strongly about
what it's called.

David