Re: [Nmh-workers] Request for new command: addresses

2014-05-27 09:56:13
Paul Fox <pgf(_at_)foxharp(_dot_)boston(_dot_)ma(_dot_)us> writes:

does this do what you want?

Very nearly. Thank you muchly. It didn't address (pun unintended) some error
issues with pick, so I added two sets. Also, I made the sort case insensitive
and made some stylistic changes for clarity. Here is what I have now:

----------------------
#!/bin/sh

set -eu
if [ $# = 0 ]
then
    args=cur
else
    args=$(pick -nosequence $*)
fi

set +e
for m in $args
do
    yes no | repl -cc all -query -editor false $m 2>/dev/null
done |
    sed --regexp-extended 's/\<Reply to ([^?]+)\? /\1\n/g' |
    sort --unique --ignore-case

There are still a couple of minor problems:

        As I commented earlier, in this thread, there is nothing to prevent
        some future version of repl using a different prompt. One way
        to prevent that would be to put "Reply to:" in the man page.
        I herewith request that.

        repl returns a non-zero exit code because of the the "-editor false"
        arguments , as well as to actual errors, such as an
        unreadable message. The script blissfully ignores the latter.
        I don't think that problem is worth pursuing.