Re: [Nmh-workers] mhstore RFE: add facility to manipulate the original filename

2014-06-02 04:03:41
David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> writes:

Jón wrote:

David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> writes:

Would adding a switch to skip that check and allow any filename
help?

Not really. For my case, I wouldn’t want anything put into a
subdirectory, and obeying anything beginning with .. would be a
real nuisance! I just want to extract enough of the filename so
that the sender can recognise it (with reasonably high
probability :-)

OK.  Does the output from the (undocumented) mhstore -debug switch
help?

Again, for me it doesn’t output the filename, though I’m
begining to be puzzled. For a message created by mh-e containing

mhstore -auto is ignoring the filename:

   $ mhstore -auto -debug
   little endian architecture
   storing message 8970 part 1 as file 8970.1.txt
   storing message 8970 part 2 as file 8970.2.jpeg

--
Jón Fairbairn
Jon(_dot_)Fairbairn(_at_)cl(_dot_)cam(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk