Re: [Nmh-workers] Why wasn't I paying attention?

2014-06-05 09:20:38
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:
During the development of nmh-1.6, there was extensive message traffic
about mhshow. Wouldn't I have fewer questions and make fewer stupid remarks
if I had paid attention to that traffic? Maybe?  I did try to follow
those discussions but couldn't understand most of them.

I don't think you (or anyone else)should feel bad about that.  Most of
the discussions about nmh changes have two parts:

1) Discussion of the concepts behind an interface change
2) How to implement 1).

In practice, to the extent that I understood 1) I didn't have much problem
understanding 2). After all, I was once a competent C hacker. But I had
problems understanding discussions of mhshow, mostly because I don't know
Mime, nor am I very familiar with RFC 5322 et. al.

    Norman Shapiro