Re: [Nmh-workers] Getting mhshow to invoke my browser for html parts

2014-06-05 09:45:35
David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> writes:
Norm wrote:

That worked for me, after some effort getting google-chrome to do that
the right thing:

     mhshow-show-text/html: google-chrome && google-chrome %F

Does this not work for you?

mhshow-show-text/html: google-chrome %F

It works for me.  I don't see the benefit of that first launch of
chrome.  And you'll get different behavior depending on whether or
not chrome was already running when you run mhshow.

For me, chrome is almost always running, but in different workspaces, than the
workspace from which I normally read mail. A simple 'google-chrome %F' creates
a tab in one of the chrome windows in a different workspace. Not satisfactory.

A simple 'google-chrome' opens up a new, empty chrome window in the current
workspace. Then, 'google-chrome %F' opens up a new tab in the newly created
window, with %F in it. True, the new window has a superfluous tab in it. But
that doesn't bother me.

   Norman Shapiro