Re: [Nmh-workers] Surprise, intended feature, unintended feaure, or bug?

2014-06-08 13:28:08
I have a file named, "mhl.headers", in my mail directory, ~/Mail. There
is no reference to it anywhere in my .mh_profile. Nor does my
.mh_profile contain any "mhshow:", "show:" entries. The only "mhl:"
entry is, "mhl: -width 1000".

Nevertheless, show and mhshow, and I suppose mhl, honor the mhl.headers
in my Mail folder.

It's a little hard to believe that such a nice feature is unintended.

AFAIK, it's always been that way, even back to the Bruce Borden days.
Well, maybe not that far ... we don't have revision history that goes
back that long ago.  But even in MH 6.8, any filenames that do not begin
with a "/" are looked for first in the user's Mail directory, then in
the MH "etc" directory.

I spoke too soon. mhshow, but not show,  honors  the mhl.headers in my
Mail directory. Sorry.

Those are all using mhl.  I see from your profile that you have your own
showproc defined as "mhless", instead of the default of mhl.  I can't say
what mhless is doing, so maybe that's where mhl is being overridden.
To display message headers mhshow does not use showproc, it instead uses
mhlproc.