Re: [Nmh-workers] wishlist item for 1.7: better configurability for smtp port

2014-06-25 07:18:07
On 25 June 2014 at 18:51, Alexander Zangerl
<exmh(_at_)bin(_dot_)snafu(_dot_)priv(_dot_)at>wrote:

mts.conf lets one select which smtp server(s) to use for
mail submission, but there's no convenient way of selecting
port 587 instead of 25.

I'm curious, how one would then pass the necessary userid/pw combination.

it would be great if one could set the port with the server entry,
e.g. servers: this.one:587

I have postfix configured to connect to my ISP on port 587, with nmh
(and mts.conf) configured to send using local mail.

regards
az

jerry

--
Alexander Zangerl + GPG Key 0xB963BD5F (or 0x42BD645D) + http://snafu.priv.at
/

     // Jerry Heyman               | We are all born ignorant, but
    //  Amigan Forever :-)         | one must work hard to remain stupid
\\ //   heymanj at acm dot org     | -- Benjamin Franklin
 \X/    http://www.hobbeshollow.com|