Re: [Nmh-workers] profile lookup

2014-06-25 07:06:27
Ken Hornstein wrote:
You're not missing anything.  Pretty much everyone agrees this is backwards.

Good.  That makes me feel a lot bettern.

Oliver Kiddle writes:
The other way is to store your default entries in a file named
mhn.defaults in your Mail directory. I've had them there for years
(roughly since the days when Richard Coleman was working on nmh) and
had largely forgotten why they were there.

Oooh.  That's exactly what I want to happen.  Thank you very much.

The man page is incorrect.  Can I submit a bug?

MH-PROFILE(5)
NAME
     mh-profile - user profile customization for nmh message handler
 Profile Lookup
     After consulting .mh_profile, some programs read  an  optional  profile
     specified by a program-specific environment variable,

then load the user's ~/Mail/mhn.defaults,

                                                           and then the sys-
     tem-wide profile /usr/local/nmh/etc/mhn.defaults.  These  programs  are
     mhbuild,  mhshow,  mhstore,  and  mhn.  mhfixmsg is similar, but has no
     optional profile.

Indeed, it would appear that "show" (for example) only checks the .mh_profile
and neither ~/Mail/mhn.defailts nor /usr/local/nmh/etc/mhn.defaults .
Another bug?  Or intentional?

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie
hymie(_at_)lactose(_dot_)homelinux(_dot_)net