Re: [Nmh-workers] netbsd 7: test/mhbuild/test-attach failure

2014-07-07 19:37:08
lyndon wrote:

On Jul 4, 2014, at 11:23 AM, David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org>
wrote:

but now re-reading, i'm not sure i understand.  is diff's choking a
secondary effect, or is it the primary failure?

My guess is that the problem is with the behavior of
mhbuild, not diff.  diff is reporting a difference, which is
all it does for binary files.  At this point, we don't know
whether the difference is benign.

The nuls are not being base64 encoded in the message.  When diff
tries to compare the files it stumbles upon the line of bare nuls
and bails out.

The underlying bug is that the nuls are not getting base64 encoded
in the first place.  I have no idea what's magic about netbsd that
is causing this to be the case.

i've succeeded in installing netbsd-current in a virtualbox VM, and
have built nmh.  while the system doesn't seem particularly stable --
loooong unexplained delays during tests (i'm talking minutes) before
completion -- the tests do all eventually finish successfully.  for
the instability, i'm inclined to suspect the virtualbox environment
and not netbsd, since VB is running at 100% CPU when these delays
occur.

i have a spare physical machine i can try an install on as well.  i
may do that just for clarity.

(i'm running the 0625141200Z netbsd-current build.)

paul