Re: [Nmh-workers] What are and what should be the qualifications for a current nmh user

2014-07-12 08:37:43
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes: (two months ago)

I've thought about the nmh target audience ... I guess my thinking is
the ideal nmh user be programmers who want a flexible MUA that can make
use of many of the features of the Unix command line.  I'd still like
a user be able to walk up to a nmh installation and the basic commands
be useful without any configuration, though.

I believe that I can be validly described as a programmer:

     In the distant past I've programmed in C and C++. In the even more
     distant past I've programmed in FORTRAN, assembly languages, and a host
     of long since deceased languages. I have written widely used
     applications. At this point I know Java best and strongly prefer it.

I now have installed nmh 1.6 to the point that if works well enough, though
not perfectly, for me. But I could not have without your assistance.

I don't know if, with the advent of MIME, any command line based Email
client, with "All Power To The User" is possible. But I hope that it is,
and that you guys don't get discouraged.

    Norman Shapiro