Re: [Nmh-workers] Trying, and failing, to install the optional replyfilter

2014-08-18 17:16:04
Ken wrote:

Also, I had to use yum to install several non-standard perl modules.

Well, there's no standard as to what's standard ... those modules
all ship with the system-supplied perl here.  The other comments
about the problems gettng it running are well taken; clearly there
are some documentation gaps.

Ken, is there a way to simplify this? Maybe provide a
mhl.replyfilterc in etc and move replyfilter to lib? Then the
script could suggest just this one step:

Sigh; that would give us a perl dependency; I wasn't really ready
for that just yet.

Just to note that rpm and yum are ready.  rpm digs into perl
code, figures out dependencies, and embeds the info in the rpm:

    $ make rpm auxexec_SCRIPTS="uip/spost docs/contrib/replyfilter"
    $ rpm -qRp RPM/RPMS/x86_64/nmh-1.6+dev-1.fc20.x86_64.rpm | grep perl
    /usr/bin/perl
    perl(Encode)
    perl(MIME::Base64)
    perl(MIME::Head)
    perl(MIME::QuotedPrint)
    perl(Mail::Field)

And it checks those dependencies when preparing to install.
yum happily installs them.

David